The museum re-opened for the 2022 season on March 2nd. We look forward to welcoming you.
Adults can pursue an interest in the past or simply indulge in their nostalgia. Children visting the HERITAGE MUSEUM can enjoy the many “hands on” exhibits and school parties are welcomed.
Come and enjoy the home-made delights of Café Rosaburn, which offers a selection of light meals and snacks, or you may picnic in our riverside gardens, where young children can play with toys in the playhut, or have fun sitting on the big red tractor. Before you leave us, you can browse in our well stocked shop, where you can buy “appropriate” gifts, sweets and ice cream.
We are confident that a visit to the Isle of Arran Heritage Museum will be enjoyed by young and old alike, so why not come along and see us.
Special Events 2022
- Genealogy and Archaeology talks, Wednesdays.
- Talks on various aspects of Arran, fortnightly Tuesdays, in the new Garden Room commencing 2.30 PM and starting on 12th April. All details of speakers and subjects will appear in the Banner and the Museum Facebook page.
- The Spinners and Weavers group will be demonstrating their skills, Thursdays in July and August.
- Wee Mac Children’s Book Festival, 9th and 10th September.
What our visitors say about us
- Lovely museum! Brilliant to see all the old photographs
- Fantastic! Lovely people, informative and friendly
- A great collection – our history is important
- Thank you! Had a great time, loved the Quiz
- Lovely place to visit. I have enjoyed time and time again
- Brought back memories / Reminds me of my parents’ days long ago
- Great to learn about my Arran roots
- Fantastic place and lots to see & lovely shells