The Arran Heritage Museum is closed now for the winter and will re-open on Wednesday, 13th March 2024.
Welcome to the Arran Heritage Museum! We offer a great day out for the family on Arran.
Treat yourself to an audiotour (English only at the moment) for £3 plus £1 for earphones (to keep).
Adults can pursue an interest in the past or simply indulge in their nostalgia.
Children visiting the HERITAGE MUSEUM can enjoy the many “hands on” exhibits and school parties are welcomed.
Families enjoy the beautiful museum gardens and a picnic at the Rosaburn while watching the ducks.
Café Rosaburn offers a selection of light meals and snacks, or you may picnic in our riverside gardens.
Gift Shop – we have well stocked shop, where you can buy Arran books, gifts, sweets and ice cream.
The Museum is enjoyed by young and old alike, so come along and see us soon.
Tuesday Talks 2024
A series of talks on various aspects of Arran, fortnightly on Tuesdays.
Held in the Garden Room commencing 1.30 pm.
No extra charge – Normal museum admission applies
Tickets on the day – Limited numbers – Come early
Special Event Days 2024
- Sunday 9th June: Craft Day
- Sunday 23rd June: Motorcycle Day
- Sunday 28th July: Children’s Day
- Sunday 11th August: Tractor Day
More dates for your diary.
- 12th and 13th July: Meet The Vikings
- 24th August: Musical Workshop
- 31st August—1st September: Wee Mac
Every Thursday in July & August
The Spinners and Weavers group will be demonstrating their skills
What our visitors say about us
- Lovely museum! Brilliant to see all the old photographs
- Fantastic! Lovely people, informative and friendly
- A great collection – our history is important
- Thank you! Had a great time, loved the Quiz
- Lovely place to visit. I have enjoyed time and time again
- Brought back memories / Reminds me of my parents’ days long ago
- Great to learn about my Arran roots
- Fantastic place and lots to see & lovely shells
- “Best of its kind we have ever seen.” | “Brought back lots of memories.” | “Fascinating insight.”