A day of traditional skills and crafts at the Arran Heritage Museum.
Time: 12.30pm – 3.30pm
Visitors can enjoy an afternoon on the wonderful grounds of the Heritage Museum while being introduced to traditional skills.
A special attraction for young and old always is to watch the blacksmith working hard in the old smiddy.
The Isle of Arran Pipe Band, Gaelic waulking songs and other musical entertainment, together with a tombola with lots of prices make this a very special day for everybody.
These are some of the skills which will be demonstrated on the crafts day:
- – sheep shearing (weather permitting)
- – greenwood furniture making
- – butter making/tasting with pancakes and scones
- – spinning, weaving, felting, quilting and dyeing
- – rag rugging
- – blacksmith at work in the old smiddy
All usual exhibits can be visited, our Museum Shop is open as well as the Cafe Rosaburn.